Friday, July 15, 2011

Have You Ever Seen a Complete Road Map on The Road Signboard?

I have never.



















I could only see a few directions along the way from time to time. = )

I have just finished my studies.
Left the place where I was 'stuck' in for the past 5 years.
Leaving behind a bunch of close friends as well as the ministry that I was familiar with.

Back in my hometown now.
Waiting for posting.
I don't know when I will be receiving the letter;
I don't know where I will be posted to.
The uncertainties were testing my patience.
I was eager to know what's God's next plan for my life.

I want to know where He would place me.
I want to know how He wants me to serve Him in this new phase of my life.
I want to know whether I get to stay close with my family.
I WANT TO LOOK INTO THE FUTURE.
But everything is a question mark.
I was anxious. I was restless. I was unhappy.

Just when everyone else was enjoying their holidays,
I was struggling with my own impatience.

Until I came across a verse,

Proverbs 16:20

"... And whoever trusts in the LORD, happy is he."

This verse somehow reminded me that I don't have to know the future to be happy,
all that I need to do is just to TRUST in the LORD.

Just like being a driver, 
I have never seen a complete road map on the road signboard.
If I don't know the way and I have no GPS or whatever map with me,
all that I could do is to depend on the road signboard that appear along the way from time to time to take me to my destination.

The same goes for our lives. 
We could never see the whole course of our lives.
All that we need to do is just to trust in the LORD in every single step we take,
for He would guide us and direct our steps along the way as we seek Him and trust in Him. = )

I love this quote that was being shared by one of my pastors,

*If you don't know where you are heading to on a pitch-dark road,
just trust in the LIGHT that brightens 100 metre of the path that lies ahead of you.
It will reveal the route to you bit by bit and eventually your destination.*  = )

Right now, I just want to make the most out of every present moment of my life that He gifted me at the same time trusting Him for my future. = )  



by His facilitator

No comments:

Post a Comment