Sunday, January 20, 2013

Poker Face


I just received another sad news. Well, I guess God is stretching my limit on this.

I met this young lady during my summer trip to Europe. She came with her parents, a very bubbly, joyful and outspoken young teenager. We exchanged e-mail address; they invited us to pay them a visit anytime soon. A few minutes ago, I was told something bad happened to her. When I saw pictures of her on Facebook, and finally read the e-mail, my heart felt for her and her extended family.

Poker Face. This is what my friend describes me, she said I can always stay calm under critical situation. The fact is, I don’t always do that. But both my friend and this young lady actually trigger me to ask one question, “How many of us actually living under a poker face life?”

When we thought we are helping others to get over a bad situation, we couldn’t make it ourselves. When we thought we are putting on a smiley face but actually we are bleeding inside. We thought we are alone, abandoned and couldn’t make up to what people think we should be. At the end of the day, we are just a failure in disguise.

Do you get encouraged when people say, “Don’t give up, you are almost there.”? Do you believe it when they say,” You’ll be doing fine, don’t worry.”? We often hear this, but do we really take it seriously?

It seems like we have no one to share our problems, our deepest fear and hurt. It looks like we cannot be weak, or at least, we should pretend to be strong. Are you living under a poker face life? And thinking you are at the dead end, no one is listening and helping? Are you planning to end your life? I hope you are not doing this. Please don’t do this.  

Can I encourage you to share your burden to one closest friend of me? He is just a prayer away, tell Him your deepest hurt and fear, He will definitely go through the tough time with you, He is willing to carry you through it. When you think no one knows you, remember, “You are fearfully and wonderfully made by God.”

If He can bring you to it, He can bring you through it.

My prayers go to you.

p/s: Friend, this song is for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment